Saturday 20 November 2010

Design & Corset Research



Now I have a character, and I have a design or two, This is My design, that I am going to be working from.

The Main influence on the costume, is the shoulder Armour. I found this inspiration after one of Anne's lectures, and showing images from fashion designers, including Jean Paul Gaultier. 
Now I have found a design that I'm happy with, I need to find a corset that will fit in with my design, and that I like.  I didn't look for long before i found one I liked. I only really had two preferences to look for:

  • No Front opening
  • Lace up Rear
So whith this in mind, i set about looking through books, and came across 'Corsets - Historical Patterns & Techniques'


From this book, i found the corset which i wish to use, along with the pattern used to create it. 

Corsets, Historical Patterns & Techniques, Jill Salen

So, now from having this corset and the pattern/Line drawing I started to add the detail of the corset into a design and Technical Drawing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment